Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jesus Sound Explosion

In 1972, I was 15 and in Youth for Christ.  The more I think about that time, the more I am touched and thankful that those people were able to put up with me.

A big one-week youth rally was held in Dallas, called Explo '72.  I went with about 20 other kids from our town.  At the end of the week there was a huge concert.  This album was sent (for free) to people who asked for it.

It is a wild snapshot of some of the acts at the concerts and performances put on over the week.  We have the then-current and we have the Tammy Wynette sound-alikes.  We have the thoughtful and creative Larry Norman and the sincere but less artful other folks.  All united in trying to share their faith.

I rounded off this CD with a few songs from the 1974 Myrrh Records sampler Love Peace Joy. Yes, it's nostalgic.  Yes, I will listen to this maybe only once every few years.  But, as part of my life, it meant a lot at the time and so this "Jesus music" still means something to me, even if I don't really like every one of the styles presented here.  Kind of like when your child gives you a messy stick-figure drawing.  It means something because of the sentiment behind it, and because it was given to you by somebody you love.

Here are the tracks:

01 -  Johnny Cash         I See Men As Trees Walkin’     3:26
02   - Armageddon Experience        One Way     3:32
03   - Randy Matthews         Didn't   He        4:26
04   - Andraé Crouch & the Disciples      I'm Satisfied    3:37
05   -Larry Norman    Sweet Song Of Salvation 3:51
06 -Great Commission Company   Anticipation 3:05
07 - Danny Lee & the Children Of Truth - Spread A Little Love Around 2:54
08 - Connie Smith   Plenty of Time 4:12
09 - Forerunners  -  Lord 2:48
10 - Willa Dorsey   I Have the Joy in My Soul 2:40
11 - Love Song  - A Love Song 5:34
12 - The Speer Family   The King Is Coming 3:50


BONUS TRACKS
(from Love, Peace, Joy - Myrrh)
13 - 2nd Chapter of Acts - Love Peace Joy   2:30
14 - Malcolm & Alwyn - Fool's Wisdom   3:05
15 - Eddie Robinson - I Give My All to Thee  3:36
16 - Randy Matthews - It Ain't Easy  2:37
17 - Love Song - A Love Song  1:45
18 - Petra - Parting Thought  1:22



And here is the link:    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LGQCNWHJ

No comments:

Post a Comment