About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jesus Sound Explosion

In 1972, I was 15 and in Youth for Christ.  The more I think about that time, the more I am touched and thankful that those people were able to put up with me.

A big one-week youth rally was held in Dallas, called Explo '72.  I went with about 20 other kids from our town.  At the end of the week there was a huge concert.  This album was sent (for free) to people who asked for it.

It is a wild snapshot of some of the acts at the concerts and performances put on over the week.  We have the then-current and we have the Tammy Wynette sound-alikes.  We have the thoughtful and creative Larry Norman and the sincere but less artful other folks.  All united in trying to share their faith.

I rounded off this CD with a few songs from the 1974 Myrrh Records sampler Love Peace Joy. Yes, it's nostalgic.  Yes, I will listen to this maybe only once every few years.  But, as part of my life, it meant a lot at the time and so this "Jesus music" still means something to me, even if I don't really like every one of the styles presented here.  Kind of like when your child gives you a messy stick-figure drawing.  It means something because of the sentiment behind it, and because it was given to you by somebody you love.

Here are the tracks:

01 -  Johnny Cash         I See Men As Trees Walkin’     3:26
02   - Armageddon Experience        One Way     3:32
03   - Randy Matthews         Didn't   He        4:26
04   - Andraé Crouch & the Disciples      I'm Satisfied    3:37
05   -Larry Norman    Sweet Song Of Salvation 3:51
06 -Great Commission Company   Anticipation 3:05
07 - Danny Lee & the Children Of Truth - Spread A Little Love Around 2:54
08 - Connie Smith   Plenty of Time 4:12
09 - Forerunners  -  Lord 2:48
10 - Willa Dorsey   I Have the Joy in My Soul 2:40
11 - Love Song  - A Love Song 5:34
12 - The Speer Family   The King Is Coming 3:50


BONUS TRACKS
(from Love, Peace, Joy - Myrrh)
13 - 2nd Chapter of Acts - Love Peace Joy   2:30
14 - Malcolm & Alwyn - Fool's Wisdom   3:05
15 - Eddie Robinson - I Give My All to Thee  3:36
16 - Randy Matthews - It Ain't Easy  2:37
17 - Love Song - A Love Song  1:45
18 - Petra - Parting Thought  1:22



And here is the link:    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LGQCNWHJ

No comments:

Post a Comment