Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, March 21, 2011

It Escaped from the 1980s

Yeah, there was a lot of uninspired music from the 1980s --oftemtimes by bands that turned from rock music to easy-listening mush (Chicago, anyone?)

But before I got too old, I found some music that I liked from that decade, and put it together here.  You'll note that the first track is MTV's "Man on the Moon."

And that's an indentifying characteristic of a lot of these songs.  You see, I am so old that I remember when MTV showed music videos.  And a lot of these songs, I remember the videos for them!

Go ahead, call me a codger.  Here are the tracks:
01. MTV Theme ''Man on the Moon''
02. Eddie Money - I Think I'm in Love
03 . Pat Benatar - We Belong
04. Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
05. Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
06. Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime
07. Julie Brown - The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun
08. The Pretenders - Message Of Love
09. The Vapors - Turning Japanese
10. Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero
11. Electric Light Orchestra - Roll Over Beethoven
12. Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
13. Eddie Money - Shakin
14. Scandals - I Am The Warrior
15. Missing Persons - Words
16. Pat Benatar - Shadows Of The Night
17. Toni Basil - Mickey
18. Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio
19. Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
20. Peter Gabriel - Shock the Monkey

And here is the link:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NECY2QGD
Now all you shakin' warriors, get out there and shock the monkey with a message of love while walking like an egyptian, and tell Mickey that once in a lifetime you get addicted to love on a Mexican radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment