Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The A-Bomb B-List

Inspired by the wonderfully eclectic soundtrack to the film The Atomic Cafe, I have put together a disc of 20 songs and one "hidden" track, all about things nuclear.  There's a lot of musical stuff out there, and this only scratches the surface.  Or maybe it only showers off the first layer of fallout.

However, my viewpoint is a little different from that of the anti-nuke crowd.  My feelings are mainly of thankfulness that the Cold War is over, and that we made it through.

It's kind of like the heart-drug commercial where the guy says, "I can't believe that as a kid I swung out over those rocks."

Call me naive, but when the Air Defense siren goes off at noon every Saturday (as a test of tornado warnings, NOWADAYS), I smile because that siren will never sound as a warning for incoming nuclear missiles.

Tornadoes , at least, don't leave residual radiation.

Here are the tracks, in chronological arrangement:
1 - Atomic Bomb Blues Homer Harris 1946
2 - Atomic Baby Amos Wilburn 1950
3 - Fujiyama Mama Wanda Jackson 1957
4 - God's Gonna Turn Us ToDust Johnny Tyler 1960
5 - A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall Bob Dylan 1962
6 - Eve of Destruction BarryMcGuire 1965
7 - So Long, Mom (A Song for World War III) Tom Lehrer 1965
8 - Electric Funeral Black Sabbath 1970
9 - Damnation Alley Hawkwind 1977
10 - Your Love Is Like Nuclear Waste Tuff Darts 1978
11 - Nuclear Attack Gary Moore 1980
12 - Fylingdale Flyer Jethro Tull 1980
13 - Einstein A Go-Go Landscape 1981
14 - Manhattan Project Rush 1985
15 - If the Bombs Fall Larry Norman 1986
16 - Christmas at Ground Zero Weird Al Yankovic 1986
17 - Watchin' Joey Glow Steve Goodman 1989
18 - Workin' at the Nuclear Power Plant Penny File 2002
19 - Radiation Song The Aquabats 2002
20 - Santa Came On A Nuclear Missile Heather Noel 2003

Here is the link:    The A-Bomb B-List          http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHKRXLK4

No comments:

Post a Comment