About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Thursday, April 5, 2018

Re-Post: Sing-a-Long Gilbert & Sullivan

I grew up listening to this fine, fun kids record.

It was my friend at nap time.  Along with MAD magazine, it taught me that subversive humor is most effective when presented well.

Of course, this album's versions of the songs are pared down and rearranged from the originals.  But isn't that true about many of the things we first encounter as children?


01 - The Mikado Overture-We Are Gentlemen of Japan
02 - A Wand’ring Minstrel I
03 - My Object All Sublime
04 - The Flowers That Bloom in the Spring
05 - For He's Gone and Married Yum-Yum
06 - We Sail the Ocean Blue
07 - I'm Called Little Buttercup
08 - I Am the Captain of the Pinafore
09 - When I Was a Lad
10 - Never Mind the Why and Wherefore
11 - I Am a Pirate King
12 - I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General
13 - When the Foeman Bares His Steel
14 - A Policeman's Lot Is Not a Happy One

Thanks to my Mom's purchase of this record, I was familiar enough with Gilbert & Sullivan songs to parody them in my own Star Trek parody, STAR TRACK.  

Hope you too can have fun!


See you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment