Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Maybe the "Almost Best"


This is a fine collection of Big-Band -type stuff, culled from a two-cassette package that was released maybe in the 1980s.  Maybe not all the Big Numbers that I personally think of as THE BEST, but still fun.

Here are the contents:

1)  Shep Fields - Ballerina
2)  Jan Garber - My Blue Heaven
3)  Sammy Kaye - I’ll Walk Alone
4)  Henry Jerome - It’s You, It’s You, It’s You
5)  Frankie Carle - Twilight Time
6)  Claude Thornhill - Polka Dots and Moonbeams
7)  Charlie Barnet - Theme
8)  Charlie Barnet - Lumpy
9)  Blue Barron Band - Old Buttermilk Sky
10)  Count Basie - Circus in Rhythm
11)  Al Trace - Marzie Doats
12)  Count Basie - Don’t Believe Everything You Hear
13)  Tony Pastor - It’s the Talk of the Town
14)  Red Nichols - Muskrat Ramble
15)  Ray Anthony - The Hucklebuck
16)  Ziggy Elfman - And the Angels Sing
17)  Russ Case - I’ll Be Seeing You
18)  Buddy Morrow - The Wonder of You
19)  Tommy Tucker - That Old Sweetheart of Mine
20)  Larry Clinton - La Rosita
21)  Count Basie - Rock A Bye Basie
22)  Blue Barron Band - Medley: You’re My Thrill
23)  Al Trace - I Cross My Heart
24)  Charlie Barnet - Oh Miss Jackson
25)  Blue Barron Band - Play the Players
26)  Art Mooney - I Don’t Know Enough About You
27)  Blue Barron Band - Cruising Down the River




And here's how to get it:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=84LO9NFH

See you Wednesday with a release and an announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment