About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Thursday, August 22, 2013

Enchantingly Diabolical!



This guy named Francois Duchable decided he would perform Liszt's piano transcription of Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique, adding in a few of his own flourishes.

The LP had a different cover from this, but I went with this illo.

The five tracks are, of course (in that heathen Frenchie talk):
1. I. Reveries - Passions
2. II. Un Bal 
3. III. Scene Aux Champs 
4. IV. Marche Au Supplice 
5. V. Songe D'une Nuit Du Sabbat 

So we've got Berlioz, PLUS Liszt, plus a maniac pianic (that's a new word) and the Dies Irae tumbling downstairs like an out-of-control bowling ball.

I like it!

See you Monday.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment