Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan@cox.net


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, October 20, 2014

The Musical Munsters - Imagine Playing Under a Rubber Mask!


Yes, it's the newest teen-age singing group!  Inspired by The Munsters!

That's right, the surprisingly funny, peppy, and genre-savvy tunes on this 1964 record were "inspired" by some marketing type to cash in on the TV show!  Cross-marketing at its finest -- that's the American way!

This Discogs page  gives somebody's uploaded images of the LP.  Here is a mention of this Pre-Fab Four (long before The Rutles) that I found in archives for Billboard magazine:


The CD art I've put together contains another period photo of the group "performing" in their outfits, including Ben Cooper full-head masks.

Here is the wild-n-crazy performance set:

1)  Munster Creep
2)  Frankenstein Had a Hot Rod Car
3)  $1.98 King-Size Voodoo Kit
4)  Vampire Vamp
5)  Hermans Place
6)  (Here Comes the) Munster Koach
7)  TV Monster Show
8)  Eerie Beach
9)  Make It Go Away
10)  You Created a Monster
11)  Ride the Midnight Special
12)  Down in the Basement


I think you'll agree that a half hour spent with this set is as much fun as you ever had watching the show!  I especially like "TV Monster Show."


Somebody tell me if this older link works.

See you Thursday!  

 




2 comments: