About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Friday, July 29, 2011

Ray Martin and His Orchestra


This 1965 album is another compilation of covers themes.  If you're familiar with Teddy Randazzo's Girl from U.N.C.L.E. music, with a girl "doo"-ing and "la-la"-ing along in the background, then you'll easily recognize the style here.

In my opinion, I wish they'd turned that dang microphone OFF a few times.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. theme starts out very promisingly, emulating one of the first-season act-openers with the dissonant, blarring brass, but then soon reverts to a 1960s pop arrangement.

Still, it's fun.  Here are the tracks:
01 - Thunderball (from the film “Thunderball”)

02 - The Knack (from the film “The Knack”)
03 - Theme from “The F.B.I.”
04 - A Man Alone (from the film “The Ipcress File”)
05 - Theme from “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”
06 - Mister Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (from the film “Thunderball”)
07 - Theme for “Honey West”
08 - I Spy (from the TV show “I Spy”)
09 - Theme from “Trials of O'Brien”
10 - The Young Set (from the film “The Young Set”)


And here is the link:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YBISEOMX 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment