Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Ray Martin and His Orchestra


This 1965 album is another compilation of covers themes.  If you're familiar with Teddy Randazzo's Girl from U.N.C.L.E. music, with a girl "doo"-ing and "la-la"-ing along in the background, then you'll easily recognize the style here.

In my opinion, I wish they'd turned that dang microphone OFF a few times.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. theme starts out very promisingly, emulating one of the first-season act-openers with the dissonant, blarring brass, but then soon reverts to a 1960s pop arrangement.

Still, it's fun.  Here are the tracks:
01 - Thunderball (from the film “Thunderball”)

02 - The Knack (from the film “The Knack”)
03 - Theme from “The F.B.I.”
04 - A Man Alone (from the film “The Ipcress File”)
05 - Theme from “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”
06 - Mister Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (from the film “Thunderball”)
07 - Theme for “Honey West”
08 - I Spy (from the TV show “I Spy”)
09 - Theme from “Trials of O'Brien”
10 - The Young Set (from the film “The Young Set”)


And here is the link:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YBISEOMX 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment