Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Hawaiian classics for the Hula


I found this jewel -- where else -- but in a thrift store over the weekend.  Cheesy but fun.

It's a 10" EP.  If you do a search for Terna Hawaii -- the record label -- you'll come up pretty dry as far as finding a date.

Probably from before statehood?  And judging from the few comments I have found about this record, there may never have been a Volume 2.

Here are the tracks:

01  Lovely Hula Hands - Ray Kinney
02  Huki Lau - Mel Peterson
03  Blue Lei - Mel Peterson
04  The Cockeyed Mayor  - Andy Cummings
05 Hawaiian Hospitality  - Ray Kinney
06 Little Brown Gal - Bill Akamuhou
07 To You Sweetheart Aloha  - Ray Kinney
08 Hapa Haole Hula Gal  - Andy Cummings



And here is the link:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X9R7JM3A 

Aloha!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment