Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, May 23, 2016

What Does YOUR Spirit Sound Like?

Georgia Kelly is a fine musician and harpist.  She composed this music to several Sanskrit hymns; a choral ensemble sings them, to her accompaniment.

 (This is the original album cover. I didn't have a way to scan it and combine the scans into a full-size image, so I redid the cover art.)



01 - The Sound Of Spirit (Hymns From The Rig Veda Sung In Sanskrit)
02 - Morningsong (Harp Solo)
03 - Dayana (Bird In Flight)


Also included is an insert with all of the liner notes, including the Sanskrit texts and English translations.

A lovely, fascinating, otherworldly experience awaits.

The Sound of Spirit

See you Thursday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment