Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, May 9, 2016

Golden Barbershop Ballads

To somebody, this is moving, stirring music.

Me ... I can appreciate the artistry, but a little goes a long way.

The label says "MCA Records," but this is one of those instances in which an original release is repackaged by a company that swallowed up the holder of the original release.

That's because I found a review of this album from Billboard magazine's February 6, 1966 issue:


I found this on cassette.



01 - When You're A Long, Long From Home - Four Hearseman
02 - Little Pal - The Rascals
03 - My Ideal - The Gala-Lads
04 - A Little Street Where Old Friends Meet - Sun Tones
05 - I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen - Easternaires
06 - Did Your Mother Come From Ireland - Play Tonics
07 - For Me And My Gal - Sidewinders
08 - Love Me and the World Is Mine - Lads of Enchantment
09 - Cabin On The Hilltop - Play Tonics
10 - That Old Gang Of Mine - Four Pitchikers
11 - Danny Boy - Easternaires
12 - Down By The Old Mill Stream - The Rhythm Counts


See you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment