About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, May 9, 2016

Golden Barbershop Ballads

To somebody, this is moving, stirring music.

Me ... I can appreciate the artistry, but a little goes a long way.

The label says "MCA Records," but this is one of those instances in which an original release is repackaged by a company that swallowed up the holder of the original release.

That's because I found a review of this album from Billboard magazine's February 6, 1966 issue:


I found this on cassette.



01 - When You're A Long, Long From Home - Four Hearseman
02 - Little Pal - The Rascals
03 - My Ideal - The Gala-Lads
04 - A Little Street Where Old Friends Meet - Sun Tones
05 - I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen - Easternaires
06 - Did Your Mother Come From Ireland - Play Tonics
07 - For Me And My Gal - Sidewinders
08 - Love Me and the World Is Mine - Lads of Enchantment
09 - Cabin On The Hilltop - Play Tonics
10 - That Old Gang Of Mine - Four Pitchikers
11 - Danny Boy - Easternaires
12 - Down By The Old Mill Stream - The Rhythm Counts


See you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment