About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, June 30, 2014

Gene Page's Close Encounters


A mix of disco and jazz (and maybe funk -- how would this white guy know?), this if a lot of fun.

The crinkled-up-eyes smile Page is sporting reminds me of a famous humorous photo from the 1960s or 1970s, which I believe I first encountered in a LIFE magazine:


Alternately maybe the photo of Page on the cover is squinting because of the sticker that covers one lenses of his glasses!

Here are the songs for this bumpin' 1977 LP:


01 - Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
02 - Theme From 'Star Trek'
03 - C E 3 K / Moonglow / Love Theme
04 - Dancin' in the Sky
05 - I Feel Like I've Been Livin' (On the Dark Side of the Moon)
06 - Beyond the Hole in Space
07 - When You Wish upon a Star
08 - Sho' Like to Ride on Your Star
09 - Saturn



So, get off the dark side of the moon and listen to some great fun music for a Close Encounter of your own.

See you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment