About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, July 30, 2018

Songs and Dances of the British Isles

Here's a 1983 cassette of:  guess what?!?

And unlike a lot of dulcimer stuff, this is fun and interestingly arranged and played.  Not droning, boring, up-and-down the scale like some stuff I have even myself posted.  Ahem …

Another interesting feature is that you can buy sheet music for this album:


 
These are the tunes:


01. Trois Chansons Pour Les Enfantes (1:26)

02. Ae Fond Kiss (4:17)

03. Salonika (2:43)

04. Tripping Up the Stairs / The Connaughtman’s Rambles (2:19)

05. Bedlam Boys (4:37)

06. Be Back Soon (2:34)

07. Morgan Magan (2:27)

08. I Was a Young Man (2:37)

09. Foud Sword Dances (4:04)

10. Nottamun Town (2:51)

11. Black Jack David (2:46)

12. The Frost Is All Over / Sixpenny Money (2:26)

13. When You Wish Upon a Star (1:20)


Another thing that's kind of funny is that the cover photograph of Frodsham looks a lot like the way I did in 1983.

Gi'e it a wee listen.

And I'll see you on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. This looks worth an ear, thanks. Esp since I live in the neck of the woods concerned (though I think there may be a liberty or two taken with the repertoire).

    ReplyDelete