About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Friday, July 8, 2016

"Chicago in the 1920s" Identified!

Thanks to friends Twigger and Mousenbeaver (who may or not be the same person), I can now give the correct name of this fine release of hand-clappin', hip-tuggin' music.

Chicago in the 1920s:  Jazz and Hot Dance Music was a 1977 LP released by the University of Michigan, featuring the Jazz Repertory Ensemble.  Yes, The performers were college kids!

In 1982 or 1983, the university ran an ad in its alumni magazine hawking the record:


PROVENANCE OF THIS RECORDING:  This LP was one of my mom's records, just like the LPs seen above, in the Record Round-Up header,  I borrowed it and made a cassette dub.  Later that cassette was dubbed to mp3.

Yes, in places you can hear record pops, and in places there's brief tape distortion.  But this music is so peppy, so cheerful, that I listen to it anyway.  I hope you too will give it a try.



01. Too Bad (2:54)
02. Henderson (4:31)
03. Tin Roof Blues (3:23)
04. Fireworks (3:07)
05. Jungle Blues (3:31)
06. Milenberg Joys (2:23)
07. The Chant (2:16)
08. Willie the Weeper (3:07)
09. Someday Sweetheart (5:45)
10. Chimes Blues (3:29)
11. Kansas City Stomp (2:14)
12. St Louis Blues (3:09)


Chicago in the 1920s

See you Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! This should provide some new source cues for my Call of Cthulhu campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I worry about such a campaign, producing more than man was meant to experience! -- mark A

    ReplyDelete