Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Havin' a Psychedelic Birthday!

...if by psychedelic you mean I get to walk a mile and a half, do sit-ups and push-ups, and have grandkids crawl on me.


This CD came in as a donation to our thrift store about ten years ago.  It never sold, so after being marked down and processed, it was up-for-grabs, as in "destined for the dumpster."  So I rescued it.

This is the cover art.  The physical disc was just a CD-R with "Psychedelic Sixties" written in Sharpie.  The back insert had the songs & artists written in ink.

As far as I can tell, THIS IS NOT AN "OFFICIAL" COMPILATION.  I've done several searches of permutations of the title "Psychedelic Sixties" and haven't come up with a match.

Whoever put this together had great musical taste for giving the listener a taste of madness, desire, and ... goofiness.

The current disc and rear CD insert art are my own.

1  99th Floor  Moving Sidewalks  2:13
2  I’ve Got Levitation  13th Floor Elevators   2:42
3  Maid of Sugar, Maid of Spice  Mouse and the Traps   2:41
4  Eagle Never Hunts the Fly  The Music Machine   2:47
5  Double Yellow Line  The Music Machine   2:13
6  Frustration  The Painted Ship   2:55
7  When I Arrive  We the People…      2:59
8  Go Away  The Plague   1:58
9  Writing on the Wall  The 5 Canadians   2:21
10  Reverberation (Doubt)  13th Floor Elevators   2:48
11  No Good Woman  The Tree   2:44
12  She Lives (in a Time of Her Own)  13th Floor Elevators   3:00
13  Where You Gonna Go?  Unrelated Segments   2:51
14  Absolutely Positively  The Music Machine   2:15
15  Swami  William Penn 3   2:57
16  Trippin’ Out  Something Wild   2:13
17  Scarlet and Gold  13th Floor Elevators   5:00
18  Yesterday’s Hero  The Satyrs   2:38
19  Dr Doom  13th Floor Elevators  3:15
20  Smell of Incense  W.C.P.A.E.B.   5:52
21  Satisfaction Guaranteed  The Mourning Reign   2:19
22  Slip Inside This House  13th Floor Elevators   8:05
23  I Wanna Come Back (from the World of LSD)  The Fee-Fi-Four Plus Two   2:21
24  Spider and the Fly  The Monocles   2:07
25  Mother Nature/Father Earth  The Music Machine   2:14
26  I Need Love  The Time Stoppers   2:53

 Man, "the Psychedelic Sixties" sounds like a nightmarish place, but it's fun to listen to it for 80 minutes at a time!

Time to Trip!

(and yes this happens to be my natal anniversary)

UPDATED LINK as of November 25, 2013:
http://yadi.sk/d/vu3EiIVXDEUc6




2 comments: