Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan@cox.net


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Golden Age of Silent Movies -- Re-Post


"At the mighty Wurlitzer!"  Sounds like they brought the heavy guns out on this one, boys!

There's a fine array of heart-rending pathos, organ sound effects, and thundering emotion on tap!  There are some notes on the selections at the album's Discogs page.



01 - The Perfect Song
02 - The Merry Widow Waltz
03 - Jeannine, I Dream of Lilac Time
04 - Old Ironsides
05 - Charmaine
06 - Little Mother
07 - Wonderful One
08 - Diane
09 - Angela Mia
10 - Estrellita
11 - Westward Ho!
12 - Marie
13 - Ramona
14 - The Big Chase


This 1962 album got a four-star rating in Billboard's January 12, 1963 issue.

Cue the twittering birds.

See you Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment