About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Friday, October 28, 2011

You Heard it in Alien


When I first saw Alien in the theatre in 1979, I snuck out to the lobby after it ended and called my wife from a pay phone, telling her I was going to sneak back into the movie and watch it a second time -- which I did.  (No way would she have wanted to go to a scary movie!)

After all the frights and tension, it was most charming to sit back and watch the final few moments of the movie, as Lt Ripley relaxes into her well-earned hypersleep, to the accompanying sound of lush, almost decadent-sounding classical music, which continued into the end credits.

If you, too, were enraptured by this music, you can listen to it again here.  It's from Symphony 1, "Romantic," by American composer Howard Hanson.

This compilation contains his first and second symphonies, along with another piece that tickled my musical fancy when I heard it, Lament for Beowulf.  (Being an English major and all.)

Here are the selections:
Symphony No. 1, Op. 22 -
1) I. Andante solenne - Allegro con forza
2) II. Andante teneramente, con semplicita
3) III. Allegro con fuoco
4) Lament for Beowulf - Op. 25
Symphony No. 2, Op. 30 -
5) I. Adagio - Allegro moderato
6) II. Andante con tenerezza
7) III. Allegro con brio

Here is the link:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XTI5F5ON 

See you Monday to wrap up the Halloween Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment