About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Thursday, February 2, 2023

Style Never Goes Out of Style

Here's a 1999 two-disc synthesis of what somebody liked about the 1930s.
Of course, the English major in me wishes to point out that "style," like "quality," is a NEUTRAL adjective.  You gotta say "good" or "bad" or "high" or "plebian" or some such.  When I hear an entertainment-type human describe something as "a quality product," they mean GOOD.  But since they didn't say "good," they deserve to be slapped in the face with a wet carp, until they learn.

Until then, here is some non-specific style:

VA - The Age of Style, disc 1
01 - How Do You Do, Mr Right - Frances Day
02 - Change Partners - Fred Astaire
03 - You - Carroll Gibbons
04 - Deep in a Dream - Greta Keller
05 - It's De-Lovely - Leslie Hutch Hutchinson
06 - By the Fireside - Jessie Matthews
07 - Roll Along, Prairie Moon - Al Bowlly
08 - I Wish I Were Twins - Coleman Hawkins
09 - Deep Purple - Turner Layton
10 - The Girl I Knew - Elisabeth Welch
11 - Leave a Little for Me - Jack Buchanan
12 - Moonglow - Django Reinhardt
13 - Love In Bloom - Noël Coward
14 - Let Yourself Go - Ginger Rogers
15 - May I Have the Next Romance With You - HUTCH
16 - I Believe in Miracles - Hildegarde
17 - Sing, Baby, Sing  You Turned the Tables On Me - Carroll Gibbons
18 - Would You Like to Take a Walk - Marion Harris
19 - Looking On the Bright Side - Layton & Johnstone
20 - Would You - Greta Keller
21 - South of the Border - Al Bowlly
22 - With Thee I Swing - Carroll Gibbons
23 - After You, Who - Fred Astaire
24 - Down By the River - HUTCH
25 - A Thousand Goodnights - Raie Da Costa

**
VA - The Age of Style, disc 2
01 - Love Locked Out - Al Bowlly
02 - It's an Old Southern Custom - Carroll Gibbons
03 - I Think I Can - Jack Buchanan
04 - Stairway to the Stars - Greta Keller
05 - Remember Me - Leslie Hutch Hutchinson
06 - Dancing on the Ceiling - Jessie Matthews
07 - Smoke Rings - Django Reinhardt
08 - The Glory of Love - Hildegarde
09 - Living In Clover - Jack Buchanan
10 - Heart and Soul - Dorothy Carless
11 - Everything I Have Is Yours - Al Bowlly
12 - Did You Ever See a Dream Walking - Frances Day
13 - I've Got You Under My Skin - Carroll Gibbons
14 - I'm Putting all My Eggs in One Basket - Ginger Rogers
15 - Don't Blame Me - Leslie Hutch Hutchinson
16 - Harlem in My Heart - Elisabeth Welch
17 - Heaven Can Wait - Turner Layton
18 - Transatlantic Lullaby - Adelaide Hall
19 - We Were So Young - Noël Coward
20 - You Hit the Spot  I Feel Like a Feather in the Bree - Carroll Gibbons
21 - One More Kiss - Jessie Matthews
22 - Flying Down to Rio - Fred Astaire
23 - Lamplight - Greta Keller
24 - When Day Is Done - Benny Carter
25 - I Still Love to Kiss You Goodnight - Leslie Hutch Hutchinson

And it's one big fat file.

Welcome to zee Summair of zee Luff!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment