About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, February 6, 2023

Inadequately Tonked

These selections are such favorites to the record company that the record company couldn't even get the song names right!

01. Swanee River (2:30)
02. In the Mood (3:06)
03. Little Brown Jug (2:37)
04. The Entertainer (2:27)
05. Ain't She Sweet (3:50)
06. Maple Leaf Rag (2:49)
07. The Entertainer's Rag (2:27)
08. The Beer Barrel Polka (3:43)


Here's the straight skinny:
Track 1 is “Swanee, How I love Ya” not “Way Down upon the Swanee River.”

Track 3 has “Baby Face” and “Comin’ Through the Rye” before it gets to “Little Brown Jug” about 1:15, before moving on to “Woody Woodpecker Song.”

Track 4 was “The Intertainer” in the CD-text originally encoded in the disc.

Track 5 has “Put Another Nickel in the Nickelodeon” about halfway through, and becomes “Ain’t She Sweet” at 2:20 and “Has Anybody Seen my Gal” at 3:00

Last track begins with “Abba Dabba Honeymoon,” then the title song, then “Yessir That’s My Baby” then “Toot-Toot-Tootsie Goodbye” and “Alexander’s Ragtime Band.”

I might even have missed an interpolated song or two!  Let me know ...  Until then, see you Thursday!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment