Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, August 22, 2016

This Is Going to Get Mushy

I couldn't tell you where my dear wife picked up this "generic" collection of faith-and-family songs.  Some seem a little cheesy, but I can take away a bit of inspiration from most of them.

01 - Butterfly Kisses
02 - A Child's Love
03 - I Want to Be Just Like You
04 - Father's Eyes
05 - Midnight Oil
06 - That's What My Father Would Do
07 - Somewhere in the World
08 - Sometimes Miracles Hide
09 - Daddy's Hands
10 - Parent's Prayer
11 - The Keeper
12 - When It's Time to Go
13 - Always Be a Child
14 - Innocent Eyes

Track #8, narrating the experiences of a family helping their Downs-syndrome child grow up, is meaningful to us because we've a close family member with Downs.  Track #7 has made me tear up a little for the past 20 years or so as I wonder if my kids will ever find a "right" person for whom THEY can become the "right" person.

So if you don't mind acknowledging your own emotional side, give a listen.

Butterfly Kisses: A Collection Celebrating God and Family Relationships

 See you Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment