About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Songs for Little Cowpokes




This is a 1959 LP from Merry-Go-Round Records, which seems to have vanished from the face of the Earth.

01. Home on the Range (1:44)
02. Buffalo Gal (1:24)
03. Lil Liza Jane (1:42)
04. Wait for the Wagon (1:20)
05. Big Corral (1:33)
06. Old Californy (0:59)
07. Red River Valley (2:17)
08. Lil Brown Jug (1:17)
09. Pony Boy (0:57)
10. Chisholm Trail (1:14)
11. Windy Was a Cowboy (Charlie Was a Boxer) (1:16)
12. Clementine (2:11)
13. Coming ’Round the Mountain (1:21)
14. Round Up Time (1:33)
15. Crawdad Song (1:38)
16. Long Long Ago (2:51)



4 comments:


  1. I really enjoy the (real) cowboy and country music that you post on this blog, Mark (as opposed to that fakey-imitation whatchacallit noise from Trashville, TN that "they" keep dumping onto the airwaves).

    Makes me wonder what Tex Ritter, Hank Williams Sr., or even Woody Guthrie would think if they could hear the current state of the latest musical contributions...

    Thanks for more of the good stuff, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So insane to see me on the cover. THE GIRL IN FOREFRONT IN RED AND BLACK. My father brought this album home back then because he couldn’t figure out why I was on the cover. I still don't have the answer .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Unknown: So exciting to hear from you. I'd be glad to mail you a physical CD-R of this album with art and all. Just email me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Unknown: PART TWO -- Just after receiving your comment, I heard from another girl who looks like the girl in the front. In fact, her dad bought the record because the cover girl looked identical to her! This must be a case of psychic near-twin bonding! At any rate, Dear Anonymous, we would like to hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete