About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, March 31, 2014

Skip Martin's Scheherajazz



This packs a punch! 

It first caught my eye by the va-va-voom cover art; then the idea of the Rimsky-Korsakov "chestnut" being shaken around in the hands of a 1950s-version of a jazz band.

So I picked it up, and boy howdy.  It always packs a punch.  Kind of like the old Hawaiian Punch commercials.  Or, the scenes in old TV shows where a hysterical person is calmed by one slap to the face.  They shake their head and say, "Thanks! I needed that."

The performers are the "Video All-Stars."

Some info about Skip Martin is here.  And here's a forum by jazz enthusiasts telling all sort of technical details about it.

I just think it's a lot of fun.  So give it a try.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment