Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Skip Martin's Scheherajazz



This packs a punch! 

It first caught my eye by the va-va-voom cover art; then the idea of the Rimsky-Korsakov "chestnut" being shaken around in the hands of a 1950s-version of a jazz band.

So I picked it up, and boy howdy.  It always packs a punch.  Kind of like the old Hawaiian Punch commercials.  Or, the scenes in old TV shows where a hysterical person is calmed by one slap to the face.  They shake their head and say, "Thanks! I needed that."

The performers are the "Video All-Stars."

Some info about Skip Martin is here.  And here's a forum by jazz enthusiasts telling all sort of technical details about it.

I just think it's a lot of fun.  So give it a try.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment