Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan@cox.net


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Everything You Always Wanted to Hear on the Moog* *But Were Afraid to Ask!


This LP first came out in  1967 an attempted cash-in on the brave new possibilities of synthesized music.  The title was a riff on a popular book Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Sex ... But Were Afraid to Ask.  This book's title later inspired a Woody Allen movie, too.

The artists credited are Andrew Kazdin and Thomas Z Shephard, but I don't know how much of their involvement was Hands On or (alternatively) Supervisory.


Here are the tracks:

1- España – Chabrier
2 - Malaguena - Lecuona
3 - Prelude To Act I; Habanera; Introduction To Act I (Les Toréadors) From "Carmen" - Bizet
4 - Bolero - Ravel

 It's a fun artifact, similar in some ways to early Tomita.  Sometimes the artist seems more interested in throwing in a funny or cute sound effect to replace an instrument, that he is in giving a straight musical performance.

But it's great fun, especially if you remember those early electronic-music days.

Now you know!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment