Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan@cox.net


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Stomu Yamashta -- Music from "Tempest"


I neither know or care what this movie is about, other than a dim memory of seeint the trailer many decades ago and thinking, "That looks like a stupid movie."

But the soundtrack was written by Stomu Yamashta, whose Sea & Sky album is, to me, a very moving piece of music.

A few years ago I bought the LP of the Tempest soundtrack; here it is.


1)  Tempest Fantasia
2)  Nature
3)  Tango
4)  Theme from Tempest
5)  Wind Words
6)  Epilogue
A word on inclusions:  Track 3, "Tango," is by Lieber & Stoller.  I like it; it's an instrumental; I kept it.  But the final track on the soundtrack LP is the song "Manhattan," performed by Dinah Washington.  It screeched at my consciousness like a kitten in a blender, so I dropped it.

Hope you like it, too.

 

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this movie. Believe me, you're not missing a lot.

    ReplyDelete