Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Monday, February 6, 2017

English Secular Music of the Late Renaissance

Here's another fascinating, rewarding presentation of Oulde Musicke, by turns jolly and melancholy.

I particularly like the "Cries," which are merchant or other everyday voices competing for attention.

This LP came out in 1969.

I was put out by the scratches on the LP cover, so I reworked another photo of the cover sculpture.
Here are the tracks:


01.  Cryes of London - Thomas Weelkes (9:58)
02.  Hey Down a Down - Anonymous  (1:22)
03.  Weep Mine Eyes - Thomas Vautor (4:21)
04.  Alman a 4 - Thomas Tomkins (1:58)
05.  Since Robin Hood - Thomas Weelkes  (1:11)
06.  Rustic Lovers - Thomas Ravenscroft (3:20)
07.  Do Not Repine - Orlando Gibbons (8:04)
08.  Thule - Thomas Weelkes (4:25)
09.  Sing - Martin Peerson (1:53)
10.  Take Heed of Time - Anonymous  (1:49)
11.  Country Cries - Richard Dering (5:47)

Also included are scans of the complete original LP notes.


English Secular Music of the Late Renaissance

See you next Monday!
 

1 comment: