I particularly like the "Cries," which are merchant or other everyday voices competing for attention.
This LP came out in 1969.
I was put out by the scratches on the LP cover, so I reworked another photo of the cover sculpture.
01. Cryes of London - Thomas Weelkes (9:58)
02. Hey Down a Down - Anonymous (1:22)
03. Weep Mine Eyes - Thomas Vautor (4:21)
04. Alman a 4 - Thomas Tomkins (1:58)
05. Since Robin Hood - Thomas Weelkes (1:11)
06. Rustic Lovers - Thomas Ravenscroft (3:20)
07. Do Not Repine - Orlando Gibbons (8:04)
08. Thule - Thomas Weelkes (4:25)
09. Sing - Martin Peerson (1:53)
10. Take Heed of Time - Anonymous (1:49)
11. Country Cries - Richard Dering (5:47)
Also included are scans of the complete original LP notes.
English Secular Music of the Late Renaissance
See you next Monday!