Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan@cox.net


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Mitropoulos Conducts Copland, Sherwood, Ginastera, Guarnieri and Barber

It's an interesting melange of music with very poor recording standards, perhaps because of the 50-year-old recording dates!






01. Appalachian Spring, Suite - Aaron Copland (23:23)
02. Introduction and Allegro - Robert Sherwood (9:42)
03. Creole Dance, Overture - Alberto Ginastera (9:10)
04. Prologo y Fuga - Camargo Guarnieri (7:12)
05. Medea's Meditation and Dance of Vengeance, op.23a - Samuel Barber (12:47)

So, can any of you tell me if Dimitri Mitropoulos is really a "legendary conductor" in somebody's opinion?

 
 See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment