About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, January 11, 2016

Swingin' Sounds for Secret Agents & Billy Strange’s Secret Agent File



Billy Strange was a guitar guy with a twangin’ mess of talent. 

1          Thunderball
2          A Man Alone
3          9th Man Theme
4          I Spy
5          The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Theme
6          The James Bond Theme
7          Our Man Flint
8          The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
9          Run Spy Run
10        Get Smart
11        007 Theme
12        Goldfinger



+ + + +


Swingin' Sounds for Secret Agents  is one of those anthology albums put out by a label with many different performers and arrangements, all centered around a theme.



From Columbia Special Products, we have all the excitement of spying, danger, and suspense turned into cheesy lounge music!

1)  Percy Faith - Thunderball   
2)  Mel Tormé - Secret Agent Man   
3)  Village Stompers - From Russia With Love   
4)  John Barry - The James Bond Theme   
5)  David Lloyd - 007   
6)  Bobby Vinton - Goldfinger   
7)  John Barry - Ipcress File   
8)  Ray Conniff - Third Man Theme   
9)  David Lloyd - On Her Majesty's Secret Service   
10)  Orchestra U.S.A. - The Man from U.N.C.L.E.


Au revoir -- and watch your back!

3 comments:

  1. "CD front" ???
    Really?

    Don't get me wrong, I love the drop and scratch. It takes me back to my teen years, but Billy Strange was NOT a CD. LOL

    Great compilation. They don;t make theses anymore and it is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "CD front" refers to my packaging of the content so that you can print your own CD inserts. (I bet you knew that are were just teasing me!)

    ReplyDelete