About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, August 26, 2019

Bill and Brenda Sutton: Owling at the Moon

This appears to be a 1994 release.

01. All Souls Night (3:41)
02. Clearing the Path (3:12)
03. Caretakers (5:01)
04. Un Chanson Sans Amour (2:43)
05. This Turn of the Wheel (2:18)
06. Dogtown (6:19)
07. We're Only in It for the Money (3:03)
08. Wallflower (3:04)
09. Mind, Hands, and Heart (5:39)
10. Terrific Centrifugal Still (3:40)
11. Lily Lady (3:27)
12. Shooting Star (4:16)
Owling
And now it may be yours.

We're taking a month off.  See you back here, bright and squirrelly, on October 1st for the beginning of ...
SPOOKY  SPOCK-TOBER
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I thought I'd try to restore the tracks to the track lengths indicated on the scanned insert ("All Souls Night" 3:27, "Clearing the Path" 3:00, and so on). When controlling for different blank space surrounding each song, it looks like the runtimes on the MP3s are about 10% longer than listed.

    For some of the tracks, like "Terrific Centrifugal Still," speeding the audio up by 10% brings it to what seems to be the correct pitch. But for others, like "Caretakers," it's obviously pitched much too high when I speed it up.

    I can't figure why this is happening. Do you know any reason it might? Perhaps, before uploading, you or someone else adjusted the pitch or playback speed on certain tracks? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke, that's a publics service for those who want to hear this. I can assure you that this is how my copy of the cassette sounds. It was recorded from the same Optimus deck as our other cassette offerings. Problems like that, and the cut-off of another song, are likely on the original producing end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my name is Eric and I run a Filk podcast. This has been a fun romp through the past. I'm going to use a few of these in the weeks to come. A few of them, well, the publisher can be a problem. You may get a cease and desist letter if she notices them.

    You said you have a few more ??? Don't want to get greedy, but I am ...

    ReplyDelete