About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, April 22, 2019

Yes, It Does

The music on this cassette is played well and not dull.  It's up to you whether the upfront featuring of the hammered dulcimer is enchanting or dreary.  I tip about 75% toward enchanting, but not all the way.


01. Theme from The Godfather (4:28)

02. Memory (4:41)

03. As Time Goes By (4:35)

04. The Windmills of Your Mind (3:49)

05. The Rose (3:49)

06. Theme from the Thornbirds (4:45)

07. Summertime (3:53)

08. Theme from Romeo and Juliet (4:38)

09. My Favorite Things (3:56)

10. Whistling Winds (3:55)



See you again on Thursday!
 

2 comments:

  1. Ya know... This is a weird one. I kind of like it, I mean very much. But then, off to the side of my brainwaves, something about it seems phooey-balooie. I don't know what quirky realm this recording should be placed in. I think it may be just too commercial or over-produced. I dunno. It's OK, though, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to agree with the over-produced opinion. For example Track 1 is about technically perfect, but I wish there had been an extra half-second of ritard in places to signify emotion, like a deep breath before belting out a high note. Too much metronomic accuracy.

    ReplyDelete