About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Thursday, January 3, 2019

Music of WWII, Volume 1

I found this fun CD at a thrift store recently, and was surprised by the obscurity of this compilation.


01. Alvino Rey, Bill Schallen & the King Sisters  - The Army Air Corps (2:41)

02. Dick Todd (with Leonard Joy's Orchestra) - Goodnight, Mother (2:43)

03. Johnny Mercer (with Paul Weston's Orchestra) - G.I. Jive (3:20)

04. Sgt. Jules Munshin, Pvt. Buddy Moreno with GI Chorus - Ain't Misbehavin'/Hinky Dinky Parlay Voos (2:48)

05. Swing & Sway with Sammy Kaye - I Left My Heart at the Stage Door Canteen  (3:17)

06. Andrews Sisters (with Vic Schoen's Orchestra) - Here Comes the Navy (Beer Barrel Polka) (2:46)

07. Kate Smith (with Jack Miller's Orchestra) - (There'll Be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover (3:01)

08. Glenn Miller (Ray Eberle, vocals) - A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (3:36)

09. Lena Horne (with Lou Bring & His Orchestra) - Stormy Weather (3:17)

10. Hour of Charm All-Girl Orchestra - We Must Be Vigilant (American Patrol) (2:52)

11. Swing & Sway with Sammy Kaye - Dear Mom (2:59)

12. Horace Heidt & His Musical Knights - Goodbye Dear, I'll Be Back In A Year (2:50)

I certainly was unfamiliar with the Andrews Sisters' "Here Comes the Navy."  Hope you too are charmed.

Music of WWII

See you back here on Monday, friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment