About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, January 20, 2014

War Is Hell -- I Mean, "War IN Hell" -- William Bolcom's Rowdy Tumult


I came across this LP at the OCU bookstore on a table stacked with stuff they could only market to clueless college kids.  I bought things like this, a couple of albums by Irish harpist/singer Mary O'Hara, Crumb's Makrokosmos; and other semi-outre stuff.

I've also added a few of Bolcom's piano rags to balance the program.

Frescoes:
01 - War in Heaven
02 - The Caves of Orcus

03 - The Tabby Cat Walk
04 - The Eternal Feminine
05 - The Poltergeist (Rag Fantasy)
06 - The Serpent's Kiss
07 - Rag Infernal


Evaluate!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to talk to you this way but I could not find an email address. They seem to be going after blogs again. Music for U and Me, which I was at yesterday, is not private, without warning. I hate loosing your guys and all your work so if YOU have to go private could you let me know? Thank you again for all that you do.

    Laceykat

    ReplyDelete