Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gipsy Band

Erno Kalli Kiss Jr is a big name in Gypsy Music, as far as I can tell.  This is another thrift store cassette treasure.  My heart always starts beating a little louder when I see a label and can't read it!  This means that adventure may await!

These are medleys of "Gipsy" tunes, I guess traditional Hungarian stuff.  What struck me, on listening, is that many of these selections sound to me like five-minute-long introductions that never "kick off" into an actual theme or melody!  It's kind of like a piano accompanist playing those glissando "vamps" but never getting around to the song.

Still, very interesting.  The track listings below are my transcriptions of the verr-rr-rry interesting titles from the cassette liner.  It seems to lose a lot without all the phonetic typesetting curlicues.  But you can see those on the CD insert back, where I've included the cassette label insert.


The Young Master Primas - Asztali Zene Es Czardasok

          

Artist: Erno Kallai Kiss jun. and His Gipsy Band





“Asztali Muzsika”

01 - Levelem, levelem - Mit keres a temetoben - De szeretnek en a regi kis falumba visszaterni

02 - Ne szidjadok soha engem - Kiballagok a vasuthoz - Azt mondjak a mennyorszagben

03- Ugye most mar tifeletek

04 - Leveles az erdo



“Csardasok”

05 - Lakodalom van a mi utcankban - Jon a tavasz, jon mar - Felrevagom a kalapom - Zold ablakos kicsi haz - Szeretem a cseresznyet - Koncert friss

06 - Hideg szel fuj, edesanyam - Hazam ereszere raszallott - Mikor kezdtem a ladamat pakolni - Orszaguton hosszu a jegenyesor - Koncert friss

07 - Ez a kislany most kezd nekem - Csak ugy mondom maganak - Libamaj, kacsamaj - Lore, lore - Hallod-e notas, futtyos kismadar

08 - Oreg czardas - Buzavirag, buzavirag - Paros elet a legszebb - Gyere velem kiskertembe


Here is the link:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90EBB5C6

See you next time!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment