About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, May 9, 2011

45s and Favorites,1


Here are some of the singles I bought in my teen years.  A few are recordings of the same songs that I found for inclusion here, when my originals were too scratched up.

I am happy to include on the cover the Lenon/Ono record.  Not so much for the songs, but for the clever photo retouching that morphed Lennon into Ono.  According to Wikipedia, the two songs on both sides of the record were recorded live, on the Dick Cavett show, in May 1972.

Here are the songs:
1 Buy the World a Coke The New Seekers 1971
1970
2 Amazing Grace Judy Collins
3 House at Pooh Corner Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
4 Anticipation Carly Simon

1971
5 Levon Elton John
6 Long Ago and Far Away James Taylor
7 Brown Sugar The Rolling Stones
8 Legend in Your Own Time Carly Simon
9 Joy to the World - single version Three Dog Night
10 What the World Needs Now + Abraham Martin and John Tom Clay
11 Roundabout Yes
1972
12 Cover of The Rolling Stone Dr. Hook
13 Back When My Hair Was Short - original version Gunhill Road
14 Woman Is the Nigger of the World John Lennon Plastic Ono Band
15 All The Young Dudes Mott The Hoople
16 Give Ireland Back to the Irish Wings
17 Sisters O Sisters Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band
18 Little Woman Love Wings
19 I Saw The Light Todd Rundgren
20 Little Bit of Sunshine The New Seekers 1971




And here is the link:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MIBB447J 
 
Even when I know what the songs are, I still smile when I hear these songs! I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment