About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Odyssey Orchestra: Galactic Hits

This 1980 album is a cash-in by a studio-group cover "orchestra."  They're the same group as "The Now Sound Orchestra."  I know this because a couple of the performances on this LP are identical to those on the Now Sound Orchestra's Star Trek: Main Theme from the Motion Picture.

I found the present album at Discogs, except on Discogs it's titled Spectacular Space Hits.  Call it what you will, here are the tracks:
01 - The Empire Strikes Back (Main Theme)
02 - Imperial March (Darth Vader’s Theme)
03 - Yoda’s Theme
04 - Close Encounters (Main Theme)
05 - Star Wars
06 - 2001 (Main Theme)
07 - Cantina Band Theme (Star Wars)
08 - Star Trek (TV Theme)
09 - Superman (The Movie)

Galactic Hits
Listen and weep ... or laugh ...

See you on Monday with a new music compilation in celebration of Valentine's Day!
  

1 comment:

  1. I have an ancient tape of this album, only it's called Hits of the Stars. I could swear I just found a bunch of the same tracks on G**gle play, with the artist name given as Star Galactic Orchestra or something like that.

    ReplyDelete