Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan1956@gmail.com


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

"Fun" Is a Christmas Feeling, Right? -- MA-17 - 45s & Favorites, Disc 2


Here is another collection of songs that take me back.  Most are 45s I had, ripped from them ol' seven-inch pieces of memory when I was given that USB turntable a few years ago.

Here's the line-up:

1970
1    Mississippi Queen           Mountain
2    Uncle Charlie and His Dog Teddy/Mr Bojangles        Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
3    We Gotta Get You a Woman         Todd Rundgren  

1971
That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be       Carly Simon
5 Walk Away James Gang
6 Tiny Dancer Elton John
7 Hocus Pocus Focus
8 Behind Blue Eyes The Who  

1972
9 School's Out Alice Cooper
10 Rock And Roll Part 1 & 2 Gary Glitter
11 A Piece of Paper    Gladstone
12 Back Off Boogaloo Ringo Starr
13 Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You) Stevie Wonder
14 Give Ireland Back to the Irish - instrumental - (Version) Wings
15 Early 1970 Ringo Starr
16 Mary Had a Little Lamb Wings

1973
17 You Light Up My Life Carole King
18 Back When My Hair Was Short -single version Gunhill Road
19 Rocky Mountain Way Joe Walsh
20 Under the Boardwalk Rickie Lee Jones - 1983
21 It's the Real Thing The New Seekers - 1971

Track 2 is a recreation of the B side of my 45 release of "Mr Bojangles."  The A side was the song by itself, as heard on the radio.  Side B was the same song, prefaced with a spoken reminiscence from an old man talking about his life and his "singing" dog.  When I finally heard the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band album I discovered several of these spoken tidbits sprinkled through the two sides.

For some reason, at Bartlesville's Madison Junior High School in 1970, it was a small catchphrase to mimic the old guy when he said to his dog, "Sit down, Teddy!"

The last cut is from a promo 45 given out at record stores, containing "the Coke song."
 
Come on, time-trippin'!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I don't like you. I don't like you at all. I have a lot of these 45s AND I bough them new. That means I am older than I thought I was all of a sudden. Shame on you. (Keep up the good work)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Thus time doth make nostalgic people of us all." I think Shakespeare said that. Maybe it was something else he said...

      Delete