About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Thursday, March 10, 2016

Two 1960s TV-theme Tie-Ins

The Man From U.N.C.L.E And Other TV Themes is a 1965 mono-only LP released on MGM's budget label, Metro Records.



01. Theme from The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - Milton     DeLugg and His Orchestra (1:45)
02. Theme from Mr Novak - (2:08)
03. Daniel Boone - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra
     (2:18)
04. Theme from Flipper - Milton DeLugg and His
Orchestra (1:37)
05. Bonanza - David Rose and His Orchestra (1:39)
06. Illya - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra (2:30)
07. Theme from Return to Peyton Place - LeRoy Holmes
and His Orchestra (2:36)
08. Night People - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra
(2:38)
09. Three Stars Will Shine Tonight - Richard Chamberlain
(2:36)
10. Theme from 12 O'Clock High - Milton DeLugg and
His Orchestra (2:04)

Tracks 1, 6, and 8 are rearrangements  of music from The Man from U.N.C.L.E.


Themes from MFU etc

Roland Shaw had a fine career making boffo and sometimes cheesy arrangements of popular hit themes.

This Phase 4 Stereo 1966 release was my first encounter with his work.

1)    The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
2)    Mr. Kiss-Kiss Bang-Bang
3)    The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
4)    Goldfinger
5)    The Ipcress File
6)    The Saint
7)    Thunderball
8)    The Avengers
9)    From Russia with Love
10)    I Spy
11)    Our Man Flint
12)    The James Bond Theme

 For me, the Avengers and I Spy tracks are absolute knockouts.  In the mid-1980s, I worked overnight for a convenience store that was undergoing massive construction.  They cut off half of the cinder-block building and covered the gap with plywood, to make room for the new building eventually erected.

So there I sat in the cold winter night with only plywood keeping me from the dark twenty-or-thirty-degree weather.  I had my cassette radio and a propane heater (that roared like a helicopter) for company, in between customers stopping by for smokes or gas.

And this Roland Shaw album was my companion.  Specifically, Track 3 brings memories of that cold season.  Perhaps because of the title!

Themes for Secret Agents -- Shaw

See you Monday for a taste of aulde Eire!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment