Yes, that is Spock in the headphones. The year was 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Requests?

DEAR FRIENDS ... If you have any special requests from earlier posts? Let me know! msuperfan@cox.net


If you want me to send something personally to you, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Two 1960s TV-theme Tie-Ins

The Man From U.N.C.L.E And Other TV Themes is a 1965 mono-only LP released on MGM's budget label, Metro Records.



01. Theme from The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - Milton     DeLugg and His Orchestra (1:45)
02. Theme from Mr Novak - (2:08)
03. Daniel Boone - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra
     (2:18)
04. Theme from Flipper - Milton DeLugg and His
Orchestra (1:37)
05. Bonanza - David Rose and His Orchestra (1:39)
06. Illya - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra (2:30)
07. Theme from Return to Peyton Place - LeRoy Holmes
and His Orchestra (2:36)
08. Night People - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra
(2:38)
09. Three Stars Will Shine Tonight - Richard Chamberlain
(2:36)
10. Theme from 12 O'Clock High - Milton DeLugg and
His Orchestra (2:04)

Tracks 1, 6, and 8 are rearrangements  of music from The Man from U.N.C.L.E.


Themes from MFU etc

Roland Shaw had a fine career making boffo and sometimes cheesy arrangements of popular hit themes.

This Phase 4 Stereo 1966 release was my first encounter with his work.

1)    The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
2)    Mr. Kiss-Kiss Bang-Bang
3)    The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
4)    Goldfinger
5)    The Ipcress File
6)    The Saint
7)    Thunderball
8)    The Avengers
9)    From Russia with Love
10)    I Spy
11)    Our Man Flint
12)    The James Bond Theme

 For me, the Avengers and I Spy tracks are absolute knockouts.  In the mid-1980s, I worked overnight for a convenience store that was undergoing massive construction.  They cut off half of the cinder-block building and covered the gap with plywood, to make room for the new building eventually erected.

So there I sat in the cold winter night with only plywood keeping me from the dark twenty-or-thirty-degree weather.  I had my cassette radio and a propane heater (that roared like a helicopter) for company, in between customers stopping by for smokes or gas.

And this Roland Shaw album was my companion.  Specifically, Track 3 brings memories of that cold season.  Perhaps because of the title!

Themes for Secret Agents -- Shaw

See you Monday for a taste of aulde Eire!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment