01. Theme from The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra (1:45)
02. Theme from Mr Novak - (2:08)
03. Daniel Boone - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra
04. Theme from Flipper - Milton DeLugg and His
05. Bonanza - David Rose and His Orchestra (1:39)
06. Illya - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra (2:30)
07. Theme from Return to Peyton Place - LeRoy Holmes
and His Orchestra (2:36)
08. Night People - Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra
09. Three Stars Will Shine Tonight - Richard Chamberlain
10. Theme from 12 O'Clock High - Milton DeLugg and
His Orchestra (2:04)
Themes from MFU etc
This Phase 4 Stereo 1966 release was my first encounter with his work.
1) The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
2) Mr. Kiss-Kiss Bang-Bang
3) The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
5) The Ipcress File
6) The Saint
8) The Avengers
9) From Russia with Love
10) I Spy
11) Our Man Flint
12) The James Bond Theme
For me, the Avengers and I Spy tracks are absolute knockouts. In the mid-1980s, I worked overnight for a convenience store that was undergoing massive construction. They cut off half of the cinder-block building and covered the gap with plywood, to make room for the new building eventually erected.
So there I sat in the cold winter night with only plywood keeping me from the dark twenty-or-thirty-degree weather. I had my cassette radio and a propane heater (that roared like a helicopter) for company, in between customers stopping by for smokes or gas.
And this Roland Shaw album was my companion. Specifically, Track 3 brings memories of that cold season. Perhaps because of the title!
Themes for Secret Agents -- Shaw
See you Monday for a taste of aulde Eire!