About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, August 22, 2022

I Only Listen for the Pictures

You might say the same. It's a 1978 album by Giorgio Moroder.  One guy says he thinks the space babe was modeled after Lynda Carter.  What do you think?  

01. Theme from Battlestar Galactica (2:39)
02. Destruction of Peace (2:41)
03. Transmitter - Part I (1:28)
04. Adama’s Theme (1:25)
05. It’s Love, Love, Love (3:56)
06. Transmitter - Part II (0:55)
07. Exploration (2:34)
08. Theme from Battlestar Galactica (0:42)
09. Evolution (15:18)

The first eight tracks were arranged as a kind of disco suite, running into each other.  Track 9 is the equivalent of Side Two, and it ain't based on Stu Phillip's great BG music.  It's "just" a disco rumination by Moroder ... I suspect to fill in the aforementioned Side Two.


But I bet you can forgive him after taking another gander at our Space Babe.

See you Thursday with something perhaps more down-to-Earth!
  

3 comments:

  1. I actually BOUGHT this when it came out. A wild take on the theme. Thank you for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the memories. I actually bought this album when it came out as I loved the original score. (Sorry for the duplicate but Google said the first did not go through)

    ReplyDelete