About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, August 29, 2011

Maybe the "Almost Best"


This is a fine collection of Big-Band -type stuff, culled from a two-cassette package that was released maybe in the 1980s.  Maybe not all the Big Numbers that I personally think of as THE BEST, but still fun.

Here are the contents:

1)  Shep Fields - Ballerina
2)  Jan Garber - My Blue Heaven
3)  Sammy Kaye - I’ll Walk Alone
4)  Henry Jerome - It’s You, It’s You, It’s You
5)  Frankie Carle - Twilight Time
6)  Claude Thornhill - Polka Dots and Moonbeams
7)  Charlie Barnet - Theme
8)  Charlie Barnet - Lumpy
9)  Blue Barron Band - Old Buttermilk Sky
10)  Count Basie - Circus in Rhythm
11)  Al Trace - Marzie Doats
12)  Count Basie - Don’t Believe Everything You Hear
13)  Tony Pastor - It’s the Talk of the Town
14)  Red Nichols - Muskrat Ramble
15)  Ray Anthony - The Hucklebuck
16)  Ziggy Elfman - And the Angels Sing
17)  Russ Case - I’ll Be Seeing You
18)  Buddy Morrow - The Wonder of You
19)  Tommy Tucker - That Old Sweetheart of Mine
20)  Larry Clinton - La Rosita
21)  Count Basie - Rock A Bye Basie
22)  Blue Barron Band - Medley: You’re My Thrill
23)  Al Trace - I Cross My Heart
24)  Charlie Barnet - Oh Miss Jackson
25)  Blue Barron Band - Play the Players
26)  Art Mooney - I Don’t Know Enough About You
27)  Blue Barron Band - Cruising Down the River




And here's how to get it:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=84LO9NFH

See you Wednesday with a release and an announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment