About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Thursday, January 4, 2024

Hide Your Face, Open Your Ears

It's an interesting 2001 release.

01. Purcell: Music for a While (3:22)
02. Purcell: I Attempt from Love's Sickness to Fly (1:46)
03. Purcell: Ah! How Sweet It Is to Love (2:52)
04. Purcell: Lord, What Is Man (5:37)
05. Purcell: Hark! How All Things (1:56)
06. Bach: Cantata, BWV 199, "Mein Herze schwimmt im Blut" - Recitativo (2:06)
07. Bach: Cantata, BWV 199, "Mein Herze schwimmt im Blut" - Aria (8:20)
08. Bach: Cantata, BWV 199, "Mein Herze schwimmt im Blut" - Recitativo (1:00)
09. Bach: Cantata, BWV 199, "Mein Herze schwimmt im Blut" - Aria (7:28)
10. Bach: Cantata, BWV 199, "Mein Herze schwimmt im Blut" - Recitativo (0:15)
11. Bach: Cantata, BWV 199, "Mein Herze schwimmt im Blut" - Corale (1:42)
12. Bach: Cantata, BWV 199, "Mein Herze schwimmt im Blut" - Recitativo (0:47)
13. Bach: Cantata, BWV 199, "Mein Herze schwimmt im Blut" - Aria (2:22)
14. Purcell: If Music Be the Food of Love (3:48)
15. Purcell: The Blessed Virgin's Expostulation (7:38)
16. Purcell: An Evening Hymn On A Ground (4:06)

I appreciated the musical craftsmanship, but wasn't stirred as I might have wished.  It’s sad that such lovely music and fine performances are somehow not affective at all.  This doesn’t move me emotionally.  Dang it, it should!


Let me know if you're happier than I am.  See you Monday!
  

1 comment:

  1. Since my long long-unlistened still-sealed cut-out copy, now opened ready for ripping to my PC, has refused to get with the programme and make itself visible to the ripping s/w, being able to approach it via another avenue is something I greatly appreciate, even if it was your posting in the first place that jogged me to dig out my physical copy and very nearly end it all in abject failure, but for the fact that there were salted peanuts instead of bullets in the revolver's chambers. Nice try, anyway.

    ReplyDelete