About This Blog!

Our beloved Spock is featured in the header photo, taken in 1979. These are some of my LPs, themed compilations, and the like.

ALL LINKS 2015 & LATER SHOULD BE ACTIVE. If you find a dead FileFactory link, or for any other correspondence, send me an email; Blogger comments do not allow me to send YOU a reply. That’s msuperfan1956@gmail.com


Monday, December 26, 2022

Gallopin' Galway!

This 1986 cassette is much better than I expected.  Less cheesy, i mean.  

The performances come across as straightforward and not maudlin.  

To me, "maudlin" is the ultimate insult to Christmas message.  Emotional manipulation makes money, but it stinks.  (Apply to your favorite TV channel if you wish.) 

01 - Silent Night
02 - Shepherd's Pipe Carol
03 - Air from Suite No. 3 In D
04 - Fantasia on 'I Saw Three Ships'
05 - Greensleeves
06 - Zither Carol
07 - The Holy Boy
08 - Patapan
09 - Past Three O'clock
10 - Sinfonia from the Christmas Oratorio
12 - Chorale from the Christmas Oratorio
13 - I Wonder As I Wander
14 - Sheep May Safely Graze
15 - Jesus Christ the Apple Tree
16 - We Wish You a Merry Christmas

I also applaud Galway and the producers for letting other performers take the lead in some selections!


Merry After Christmas!  See you Thursday for the final album in this year's Spocky Christmas!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment